Lars S. Nelson, MD graduated Cum Laude from the University of Florida with a Bachelor’s of Science in Chemical Engineering in 2004. Following, he proceeded to St. George’s University School of Medicine graduating with honors. He completed his general surgery residency at Orlando Health and went on to further specialize in a Bariatric, Metabolic, and Minimally Invasive Surgery fellowship at Orlando Health.
Dr. Nelson specializes in both bariatric and general surgery using a minimally invasive approach. In select cases, he offers robotic surgery utilizing the Da-Vinci Surgical System. Bariatric procedures performed include sleeve gastrectomy, Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, bilio-pancreatic diversion with duodenal switch, and laparoscopic gastric band. In addition to bariatric surgery, he performs diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures as well as a broad range of general surgical procedures of the abdomen, breast, colon, thyroid, and trauma surgery.
- General Surgery, Bariatric Surgery and Minimally Invasive Surgery
- University of Florida
- St. George’s University School of Medicine
Awards & Recognitions
- Excellence in Teaching Award- Best Surgery Resident Teacher
- Honors, School of Medicine, St. George’s University
- Iota Epsilon Alpha (IEA) Honors Society, St. George’s University
- Dean’s List, St. George’s University
- Cum Laude, Dept. of Chemical Engineering, University of Florida
- Dean’s List, University of Florida
- Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honor Society
- President’s Club, Vector Marketing Company
- Golden Key Honor Society