Joseph D. Bianchi, MD, FACS is a Board Certified General Surgeon and Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is a graduate of the University of Florida College of Medicine and completed his surgical training in Roanoke, Virginia where he served as Chief Resident in his final year. He has been providing exceptional surgical care in Volusia County area since 1997. During that time, he has served in many leadership roles including, President of the Medical Staff, Chairman of the Credential Committee, and Trauma Medical Director. He is also a Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at Florida State University College of Medicine.
He has special interest and training in diseases of thyroid and parathyroid, as well as all aspects of skin cancer and breast cancer and disease. He has advanced laparoscopic surgical techniques in the treatment of all abdominal disease processes including gallbladder, hernias, colon and GERD.
- General Surgery
- Jacksonville University
- Hahnemann University Graduate School
- Florida State University Program in Medical Sciences
- University of Florida College of Medicine
Awards & Recognitions
- Florida State University College of Medicine Outstanding Faculty Award 2016
- Dean’s List, Florida State University
- Baptist Medical Center Women’s Auxiliary Scholarship
- Dean’s List, Jacksonville University
- National Honor Society in Biology, Jacksonville University